- Position sought: Waukesha County Board - District 7
- Address: 13011 W Cameron Ave., Butler
- Family: Wife Lucy; three adult children and two grandchildren
- Education: St. Agnes Grade School; Hamilton High School; UW-La Crosse
- Occupation: construction equipment operator
- Related experience: Hamilton School Board member for 21 years.
Why are you running for this office?
Due to the redistricting and the opening for this position that has been created and District 7 crosses three community lines works with separate communities. As part of Hamilton School Board I have experience in working with communities and finding many cost saivings and I want to take some of that experience and try it at the county level.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
First is to learn the duties and responsabilities of a county supervisor. I've been preparing for this position already by going to six different committee meetings. I also want to work together with the committees and department heads and county board chariman and county executive to move forward.
What is the biggest issue in this race and how will you address it, if elected?
Living without our budget. The municipal leaders of Waukesha County must work together with the county in ways to save money through shared services, purchasing agreements and possible town and village mergers. That and attracting and retaining businesses. I want to represent District 7 in making these decisions.
What sets you apart from the other candidate?
My experience. I have experience working and being part of an elected body. I have a proven record as a Hamilton School Board member.