- Position sought: Hamilton School Board, Menomonee Falls seat
- Address: N53W16254 Whitetail Run, Menomonee Falls
- Family: Wife Patricia, and three children in the district - Jacob, Caroline, and Andrew
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering - UW Madison; MBA, finance - UW Madison
- Occupation: Civil engineer
- Related experience: Engineering project manager responsible for facility and infrastructure projects including technical design, public communications, and finance; Adult literacy instructor at the Laubach Literacy Center; Project management instructor at the Keller Graduate School.
Why are you running for this office?
I have a life long interest in education, and the future of our children. With my experience teaching at an adult literacy center and a graduate school of business, and my work as a civil engineer, I understand the importance of getting a good education and the challenges faced in getting it. I want to apply these perspectives and skills to work for the success of the students and district.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
I think the single most important priorty will be to provide the incentives and resources to teachers so that they can provide the highest quality education for the students.
What is the biggest issue in this race and how will you address it, if elected?
I think the biggest issue facing the District is achieving an overall high quality of education in the midst of the continuing political controversy and budget cuts, and achieving this in a manner that provides the greatest value for the taxpayers. Addressing this issue would include a focus on providing an environment that attracts the best teachers for all disciplines, and maintaining effective AP and Tech Ed programs.
How do you feel about Act 10 and how it affects Hamilton School District?
I think Act 10 provides more options for innovative and financially disciplined management of education at the local level, and in the long run that is a good development for everyone involved. I will work within the context of Act 10 to help ensure that a high quality education is economically sustainable well into the future.
What sets you apart from the other candidate?
I think my education, work and teaching experience sets me apart.