Sussex Village Park (Main Park)
This is Sussex's premier park, with sweeping open spaces and a nature trail for recreation and top-of-the-line facilities for most major sports, concessions in season, restrooms and a large picnic shelter house for group gatherings, generously sponsored by the local Lion's Club. Baseball is big in Sussex, and this is where it is played.
The park spreads throughout 75 acres and features ball diamonds, a seasonal concession stand, sledding hill, nature trail, playfields/open space, indoor restrooms, playground equipment, three open air shelters, an enclosed building, tennis and volleyball courts and an 18-hole disc golf course. There are also plenty of play places for small children.
- Fax: 262-246-6337
- Hours: Daily, sunrise - 11pm
- Handicap Accessible: Not all facilities at the park are accessible, but some key ones, such as the Lion's Club shelter, are.
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: A permit is required for the consumption of alcohol in Sussex parks. Pets must be leashed and their waste must be picked up and discarded properly by the owner. Some facilities and athletic fields require a permit and rental fee.
- Area: 75 acres