The Sussex Lions Club held its annual Christmas party on Monday night where it handed out nearly $22,000 to various charities, organizations and programs.
Held at the Fox & Hounds Restaurant and Tavern in Hubertus, every Lions Club member and donation recipient attended to watch the donation process. From the to Center for the Deaf-Blind Persons, nine checks were distributed ranging from $300 to $6,445.
Each recipient stood up at the podium, thanked the Lions Club and gave a short speech pertaining to why the funds were important to their organization.
The recipients were:
- Joan Schneider from the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons - $600
- Vanessa Nerbun from the Vision Forward Association - $1,000
- Amy Flaherty from the
- $1,300 for senior bussing
- $400 for senior bingo
- John Greiten from the Lisbon Parks and Recreation - $5,880
- Dr. Kathleen Cooke from the Hamilton School District
- $300 for the Hamilton Education Foundation
- $5,000 for Hamilton High School scholarships
- $500 for Badger Boys and Girls
- $6,445 for the Hamilton High School press box
Schneider and Nerbun both spoke about how much the Lions’ small donation increases how many people they’re able to provide services to. Flaherty added during her speech that the usefulness of the shuttle service is very clear when she sees how many happy area seniors attend the events via bus.
What do you think of this nonprofit’s generous donations? Tell us in the comments.