Sussex residents are encouraged to come out and voice their opinions on the proposed Village Park master plan at 5:30 tonight, in the Quad Room of the .
Residents will be able to give their input on the master plan before village staff finalizes its vision for and the improvements it will include, such as:
- A realignment of Pewaukee Road;
- The installation of four lighted baseball fields on the northwest side of the park, which will include a football field overlay;
- A second baseball field next to the existing field in the southeast corner of the park;
- A sports concession area in the southern part of the park;
- A shaded rest area;
- An area to fit an aquatics center in the southern area of the park;
- 500 additional parking spaces;
- A gravel area where the Lions Daze tractor pull can take place;
- Four volleyball courts;
- Four tennis courts;
- Stormwater management retention ponds;
- A rain garden and midway area;
- A disc golf course; and
- Two new playground areas.
“We want people to come out and tell us what they think one more time,” said Amy Jeske, director of recreational services. “It’s really our last chance to make changes before it’s finalized.”
Jeske said the department plans to move the proposed master plan to the Park Board for approval in September and the Village Board sometime in fall. If approved, the village could start making improvements by 2015.