Florida Man Owes Ex-Wife $166K in Child Support, Complaint Says

Debary, Florida, man is charged with nine felonies alleging he failed to pay child support.

A 49-year-old Debary, FL, man failed to pay his ex-wife nearly $166,000 in child support from 2007 to 2012, according to a criminal complaint filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court.

Timothy J. Ward is charged with nine counts of failing to pay child support. If convicted, he faces up to 13.5 years in prison.

According to the complaint:

Ward was ordered in 2002 to pay more than $2,000 a month in child support and for day care. However, his ex-wife reported that he hadn’t been paying the child support.

Authorities documented that Ward had not paid the support during specific time periods between 2007 and 2012, owing $165,970.21.

Jaime Lannister February 04, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Hi Mr. Lundt. I did not say that the guy lost his job, I asked the question... It is true though that when someone loses their job their monthly child support requirement continues on unchanged. Also someone with a job generally has the money deducted directly out of their paycheck before they ever even see it, as is ordered by the courts in most cases.
Mr Lundt February 04, 2013 at 05:59 PM
If you lose your job, all that has to happen is you go back to court and have the amount changed.
Jaime Lannister February 04, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Yes, you can get child support adjusted, but only if it's been more than 2 years since the last time you've been adjusted and in the case of this fellow he has to travel from Wisconsin to Florida and back for the proceedings...
West Palm Beach Divorce and Family Law February 12, 2013 at 08:26 PM
This is unfortunate. Sounds like the poor guy didn't have a good divorce attorney. Wow, that's a lot of money.
Meat April 25, 2013 at 03:23 PM
The children were not even his. He AND his wife both have been paying child support. His ex-wife has powerful connections in WI govt.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »