Invite a friend
Classical Literature for Young Scholars: Shakespeare
Peace Lutheran Academy invites home schooling students to study the life and times of William Shakespeare, through the study of A Midsummer Night's Dream, with special attention given to the crafting of Shakespeare's verse and the language of his day. After understanding Shakespeare's background and the play's origins, students read the play in parts, discussing Shakespeare's use of biblical and classical allusions, including other literary elements. Students conclude their Shakespearian study with a formal essay. Classes meet Mon., Weds., from 1-2 pm, beginning Feb. 11 to March 20. A Medieval Feast with a movie version of the play will be held March 1, beginning at 9:30 am. Early Bird Registration: $95; after Jan 15, $120. Contact Kimberly Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration forms and more information.
More About Peace Lutheran Church & Academy
This Missouri Synod Lutheran church has two major auxiliaries – an elementary school (Peace Lutheran Academy) and a small publishing house (The Concordia Catechatical Academy). The congregation believes and teaches of a triune God, that is, God in three co-equal and co-eternal persons: God, the creator; Jesus Christ, his son; and the Holy Spirit. The congregation accepts the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that led to the 16th Century Reformation.
Other events here
- Divine Services at Peace Lutheran Church Weekly on Sundays, 7:45 am
- Divine Service at Peace Lutheran Church Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:45 pm
- Monthly Fish Fry January 18, 2013 / February 15, 2013 / March 15, 2013 / April 19, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / June 21, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 4:30 pm–7:00 pm
- Created in God’s Image August 12, 2013 / August 13, 2013 / August 14, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / August 16, 2013, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Annual Outdoor/Indoor Flea Market and Craft Fair Sat, Aug 17, 8:00 am–3:00 pm