Invite a friend
Classical Literature for Young Scholars: Sense and Sensibility
Peace Lutheran Academy invites home schooling girls, ages 12-14, to enter Regency England and discover how the lives of gentlemen and ladies differ from today through the study of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. Vicariously, they will live through life-changing mistakes of character and discuss their implications. Girls will see how young women become ladies. Discussion is an essential part of this class which meets Tues., Thurs. 9-10 am, beginning Jan 8 to Feb 7. The course concludes with a Tea Party and movie version of the novel on Sat., May 4, 2 pm. Early Bird Registration: $95; after Dec 15, $120. Contact Kimberly Hughes, Headmaster (email@example.com) for registration forms or more information.
|Where||Peace Lutheran Church & Academy W240n6145 Maple Ave, Sussex, WI 53089|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–10:00 am|
|Who to bring||Teens, Families|
More About Peace Lutheran Church & Academy
This Missouri Synod Lutheran church has two major auxiliaries – an elementary school (Peace Lutheran Academy) and a small publishing house (The Concordia Catechatical Academy). The congregation believes and teaches of a triune God, that is, God in three co-equal and co-eternal persons: God, the creator; Jesus Christ, his son; and the Holy Spirit. The congregation accepts the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that led to the 16th Century Reformation.
Other events here
- Divine Services at Peace Lutheran Church Weekly on Sundays, 7:45 am
- Divine Service at Peace Lutheran Church Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:45 pm
- Monthly Fish Fry January 18, 2013 / February 15, 2013 / March 15, 2013 / April 19, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / June 21, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 4:30 pm–7:00 pm
- Created in God’s Image August 12, 2013 / August 13, 2013 / August 14, 2013 / August 15, 2013 / August 16, 2013, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Annual Outdoor/Indoor Flea Market and Craft Fair Sat, Aug 17, 8:00 am–3:00 pm