Woodside Elementary Gearing Up for Annual Science Fair
Students as young as kindergarten are preparing for the school's annual science fair in May with everything from displays on animals to scientific experiments.
Woodside Elementary School students will celebrate science on May 10 and 15 with their annual all-school Science Fair.
Community members and families are invited to see the student projects. Grades 3-5 presentations will be May 10 and grades K-2 will be May 15. Both evening presentations will be 5:30–6:45 p.m. All children should be supervised by an adult, and each grade level is involved.
- Kindergartners will have displays on the four seasons.
- First-graders will display animal and habitat posters.
- Second-graders will show changes in matter.
- Third-graders will have demonstrations or experiments.
- Fourth- and fifth-grade participants will display and tell about their recent investigations. In each of their investigations, the young scientists will use the scientific method of PHEOC – problem, hypothesis, experiment, observation and conclusion.