Those living in the finest years of life will be busy next week as the village celebrates Active Aging Week.
The Sussex Community Center is hosting a number of activities for those that are 60 years or older to promote healthy aging.
“We hope to spread the message that people can engage in life fully at any age,” Interim Director of Recreational Services Megan Sackett said.
Highlights of Active Aging Week activities include:
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions (educational lecture) at 11:15 a.m. on Monday
- Senior Low-Impact Fitness Classes at 9 a.m. Monday and Wednesday
- Polish Poker Tournament with prizes at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday
- Name that Tune with pianist Marilyn Woolsey at 11:30 a.m. Thursday
- Tai Chi at 8 a.m. Thursday
- Gentle Yoga at 9 a.m. Friday
- Active Aging Party at 11 a.m. Friday, featuring games, lunch and entertainment by Gary’s Classic Entertainment.
A full list of events can be found here.
All of the events and activities are free and will be held at the Sussex Community Center. The Tai Chi event, however, will be held at the Youth Hall.
Door prizes and raffle tickets for prize will be distributed at each activity for attendance and participation. The raffle drawing will be held at the Active Aging Party on Friday. You must be present to win.
For information, contact the Sussex Recreation Department at (262) 246-6447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.