One-time Clown Charged From Sussex With Attempted Homicide of Waukesha Cop
Dick Petarius, 76, of Sussex faces 10 charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court after police say he shot at a police officer investigating a domestic abuse incident at his ex-wife's home.
Dick Petarius, who was a clown with Tripoli Shrine in 2008, is charged with the attempted homicide of a Waukesha Police officer.
Petarius, 76, of Sussex, is accused of firing a 12-gauge shotgun at Police Officer Amanda Bauer while she was investigating a domestic dispute at his ex-wife’s house. The bullet came within inches of Bauer, according to the criminal complaint.
Petarius is facing nine other charges, including armed burglary, false imprisonment, intimidation of a victim, possession of a firearm contrary to domestic abuse injunction, possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle, attempted aggravated battery of an elderly person, violating a domestic abuse injunction and two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- What's Going On With Sussex Meijer Development?
- Ice Cream Argument Starts After 'Brain Freeze' Use, Complaint Says
- Embezzling From Waukesha County Business Earns Woman 1-Year Jail Term
- Deputies: Cleaning Lady Steals, Then Abandons Safe
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?