Hamilton's Kindergarten Registration to Begin Soon
Four and five-year-olds have the option to enroll in one of the four Hamilton schools.
Kindergarten registration for children who will attend the Hamilton School District in the 2012-13 school year is set to begin in January, and there are several kindergarten options for 4 and 5-year-olds.
An optional half-day program is available for children who turn 4-years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2012. The district also offers parents the option of choosing full or half-day programming for children who will be 5-years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2012.
Required at registration are the child's original birth certificate and immunization record. Proof of residency is required when the first child in a family registers in the district. Forms may be downloaded from the district website.
Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary.
Following are three ways to register children for kindergarten in the Hamilton School District.
- 4K program – Registration is at Willow Springs Learning Center where the program is offered. Willow Springs registration hours are 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Jan. 23-Jan. 27, with extended hours until 6:45 p.m. on Jan. 25.
- 5K program for children currently enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration forms containing child’s current information will be sent home the week of Jan. 30. Parents will update information on the forms and choose half or full-day kindergarten for 2012-13. Parents of current Willow Springs 4-year-old kindergartners are not required to complete registration at their home school.
- 5K program for children who are not enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration is at the school the child will attend in 2012-13. Registration at Lannon, Maple Avenue, Marcy and Woodside elementary schools will be Jan. 30 – Feb. 3.
- Lannon Elementary: Monday through Friday, 9:30 – 11 a.m. and 1:30 – 3 p.m. Extended hours on Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m.
- Maple Avenue Elementary: Monday through Friday, 9 – 11 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m. Extended hours on Wednesday, 4 – 6 p.m.
- Marcy Elementary: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with extended hours on Wednesday from 4 – 6:30 p.m.
- Woodside Elementary: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. with extended hours on Wednesday from 4 – 6 p.m.