Back to School Trends: Start the New Year in Style
School starts in a few short weeks, so it's time to get all that new clothes shopping in; here, learn what seems to be trendy in 2012.
Summer is coming to its end, a chill is in the air, and after busting out the kid's pants you realize they are a couple inches short after a growth spurt since the last cold season.
Looks like it's time to go shopping for the new school year, but rather than just updating your child's wardrobe sizes why not consider adding a little style to their life.
Here's a roundup of tips for 2012 Back-to-School fashion trends:
- Colored jeans: Neon and jeweled-tone jeans will "instantly make your outfit upbeat," according to Rollingout.com. Plus, match the bright pants with a neutral-colored shirt for the best look.
- Layered bracelets, unisex style: Rollingout.com also points to layered bracelets as a "great accessory" for both guys and girls. Check out these layered friendship bracelets on Seventeen.com.
- Tribal prints: Are apparently back in style, according to Rollingout.com, and Seventeen.com showcases a tote bag that shows off the trendy print.
- Jackets: For covering up, Seventeen.com suggests bomber jackets, long blazers, the 80s-style puffed-shoulder look, leather or sleeveless blazers.
- Flannel: This material will be popping up on the trendy fabric list, according to Spazmag.com, along with lace and velvet pieces. The magazine suggests shopping at Forever 21.
Shop Local: Find out where to buy back-to-school clothes and accesories in the Sussex area in the Patch directory.
What do you think of these trends? Is there a new style that should be added to the list? Tell us in the comments.